Wednesday, May 13, 2015


Title: Never Standing Still
Series: Never Duet (Book #1)
Author: Anie Michaels
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
Release Date: May 12, 2015
Cover Design by: Hang Le


I’ve spent my life avoiding attachments. I learned early on, from the person who should have loved me most, I only drag others down. So instead, I made it my goal to live in a way that never affected anyone else. I don’t build friendships. I don’t start relationships. I move from place to place, from person to person, never standing still and never putting down roots.

That is, until one day when everything comes crashing down around me and I’m left with the one person who needs me the most. He opens me up and makes me vulnerable. He’s not a secret, but a treasure, and I’ll protect him the only way I know how – even if it makes loving anyone else impossible.


4.5 Stars
Kalli has a huge secret. One she feels she must hide from everyone she knows. Never forming attachments because she feels she doesn't deserve them. Kalli lives her life and does her job and goes home to live in her form of solitude. One day, one job, on Riot changes all of that. As much as she tries to keep him out of her mind Riot seems to be the one person who she can't block out. Now faced with many decisions Kalli is at a turning point in her life. Does she let someone in and share her secret? Or is a non-relationship all she can ever offer Riot?


Holy smokes Anie Michaels ripped me apart. The struggle Kalli is facing in her life is such a sad hardship. I found myself begging her to open up at some points in the book. Riot is just so nice, charming, sexy, lovable, and so many other things you can't help but say open your eyes Kalli and drop your walls just a little bit. The personal and emotional struggles Kalli faces in this book are heartbreaking at times. Yet you see the softer, giving, caring side of her and realize what an amazing human being she is. I will warn you this book is an emotional roller coaster through the whole thing. I laughed out loud, I found myself grinning so big my cheeks hurt, and I balled my eyes out. I have not read the Never Series which Kalli is a spin-off from, but this book has made me add it to my TBR (after I read the conclusion to this one of course). Great job writing a heartbreaking tale of a woman who has been through so much in her short life that she has closed herself off from other people and attachments.






Anie Michaels is the author of The Never series, The Private Serials, and a stand alone novel, The Space Between Us. She started writing her first novel in June 2013. When she is not working, reading, writing, or spending time with her family, you can find her spending time with her close friends. Anie lives in Portland, Oregon, with her family.








HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment